Mission Statement from the Architectural Committee
The Mirrormont Covenants, the Architectural Committee, and the Architectural Plan Review process seek to serve the Mirrormont Community in the following ways:
- to allow for consistent application of the Covenants in order to maintain, protect, and enhance the value, desirability, attractiveness, and unique character of the Mirrormont community;
- to assist each individual property owner within the community to properly plan for their construction process or site improvements;
- to assist property owners in dealing with situations in the community which may be deemed as non-conforming to the Covenants.
The Committee endeavors to assist all Mirrormont residents on these issues, while also advocating a degree of community responsibility, involvement, and ownership in the process of enforcing the Covenants within our community.
Common reasons to contact us:
- BEFORE completing architectural plans for a new home or addition. We are particularly concerned with visual harmony, setbacks, and landscaping buffers.
- BEFORE installing a new fence or significantly altering landscaping that may impact your buffer. We do not allow chain link or wire mesh fences in locations that are visible from an adjacent roadway.
- Setback questions pertaining to patios or other landscaping features.
Common reasons you may be contacted:
- Unscreened RVs or boats – If reasonably visible from the street, or your neighbor’s property, you may be asked to enhance the screening of your RV or boat.
- Heavy Equipment – You may be contacted if we receive a complaint for visible heavy equipment that is not in use for a current project.
- Livestock and Poultry – If we notice livestock or poultry or receive a complaint, you will be asked to remove animals from your property.
- Clear cutting – Please be respectful of your neighbors and consider the impact to their property prior to taking down trees.
- Unkempt yards, general trash, junked cars, and unsightliness.