We are pleased to announce that the Mirrormont Community Association will be holding a blanket/supply/donation drive for Tent City 4–Issaquah between March 17th and 23rd. Tent City 4 is operated by Share/Wheel, whose mission, as a self-empowerment group, is to provide shelter for the homeless in communities around the Puget Sound, and to provide people in need with job opportunities and other opportunities to thrive. Tent City 4 (TC4) is currently located at Exit 20 off of I-90, and they are in need of donations. Below is a list of what is needed:
• Coffee, tea, cream, sugar, canned & packaged items
• New or gently used and laundered blankets including quilts, comforters, heavy wool blankets, etc.
• Tents & tarps
• Fire and weather-resistant, 8×8 tents
• Boxes of 32 gallon trash bags
• Flashlights & AAA batteries
• Donations in the form of a check payable to SHARE/WHEEL with the designation TC4 on the memo. The MCA will kindly match the first $100 in donations received for this drive.
Donations will be accepted in the bus shelter located at the VanHuss/Kayler house at 26305 SE 156th Pl. (corner of 263rd Ave. and SE 156th Pl. Bus shelter with footbridge on corner) between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm March 17 – 23rd. Items will be delivered on Friday, March 24th. Check drop off can be arranged directly with Heidi Kayler, Director of Charitable Endeavors, MCA. Just contact email@example.com or 425.392.4130.
During our last drive in August of 2015, we delivered $225 in donations, 55 blankets, several toiletries, sleeping bags and other much-needed supplies on behalf of our community. Let’s exceed that this time around!
Complete information about TC4 can be found at http://www.sharewheel.org/
Heidi Kayler and The Mirrormont Community Association